Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Family That Plays Together...Shares Germs.

Joseph and Jameson make me laugh. Katie is my rock. My job? Lately, it is to make everyone sick.

Last Sunday, I noticed myself sniffling and sneezing more than I would have liked. Monday brought more tissues, but Tuesday was the worst with a sinus headache. I hate getting sick. Surprisingly today, Thursday, I feel a whole lot better.

But the damage has been done.

Jameson has spent the past two days coughing and sneezing. Joseph seems to just be developing this amazing ability. Katie, so far, seems immune to it all with her superpowers. Luckily, there are no temperatures or wheezing. However, it just breaks your heart to hear them coughing at night...especially when you feel partially responsible for bringing the germs to them.

I've decided that instead of walking around with the guilt of possibly making my boys sick, I have compiled a list of other things I want to blame for the boys' getting their colds (no remedy better than "passing the buck"):
  • Global warming
  • The price of gas
  • The economy
  • Rod Blagojevich
  • Peanut butter
  • Rock music
  • That "5 Dollar Foot-Long" Subway song
Wow. I feel better already. Remember to wash those hands, kiddies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's El Nino.