Randoms...
Random observations...- I was cutting pizza for dinner while Katie was getting drinks together to go downstairs and eat. Katie called out for the boys to come downstairs. From my peripheral, I could see Jameson close the pantry door and clomp (or waddle - my children don't "walk") across the kitchen towards Katie to go downstairs. I turned around to see Katie looking somewhat puzzled as Jameson walked towards her. "Where's Joseph?" I asked. She scanned the room. Slowly the pantry door opened - as though a ghost was opening it - and the little blond head of my first born appeared.
- We went out to eat awhile ago, and the boys were given the "kiddie mats" with crayons. Excited to see what they would do, I gave the crayons to my children, anticipating the incredible drawings that would flow from their creative, gifted little hands. You could see their eyes widen when presented with the crayons. "This is the moment!" I thought, "My prodigies are about to make their first masterpiece!" Their hands moved like lightening, and with one swift flick of the arm, the crayons were dipped into the salsa and then placed in their mouths. Who says they don't have great taste for art?
- We were playing catch the other night with the boys and told them both to back up when they throw the ball (they have a tendency to stand really close to your face and then throw). Both boys backed up, ready to toss us the balls. "1, 2, 3, throw!" I said. Joseph suddenly ran three steps up to Katie and fired one at her. Luckly, the former summer-league softball great used her cat-like reflexes and snatched the ball from the air. Jameson, who was following the letter of the law, knew that he was supposed to throw from where he was standing. So...he let loose a fastball towards Katie that proceeded to careen off of the back of his - now standing in the way - brother's head.
No comments:
Post a Comment