Friday, February 1, 2008

Babies Update (8 Weeks)


"There is the baby, and there is the other one..." Jaw meet floor. Our first sonogram just got A LOT more interesting. "Oh, didn't you know?" asked the nurse. Looking back, what a silly question. How would we have found out before our first doctor's visit? Maybe she was just trying to break the absolute silence that had taken over the room since her earlier proclamation. Suddenly there were two. Two little blobs on the screen. Two little blinking lights inside those beautiful blobs, indicating the beating of their little hearts. I looked at Katie, wanting to see her reaction to the news. A smile broke over her face, "I always wanted twins!" I laughed. Excitement quickly took over my body. Now, I can't imagine planning and anticipating only one! However, in that surreal moment in the darkened room, I sheepishly asked the nurse, "Could you check if there are any more in there?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! You guys are too FUNNY! I hope you guys make a movie about your experience so far. ok, i'm reading your blogs in order to 'catch up.' so if i leave another comment, that's why. love you guys!--Jenny B.